Monday, August 17, 2009

2 steps back

A rough week. I have a bunch of things going on (non running) that has finally caught up with me. The combination of warmer/humid weather has made things difficult as well as little sleep and a poor diet. All things I can change except for the weather. Rochester Half this weekend looking forward to testing my fitness. This will be a marathon pace effort for 10 miles and then go if I am feeling decent.

Monday
14 miles r and r

Tuesday

17 miles with 3 at 15:50
pretty warm and humid. Not what I was looking for. About 20 seconds off.

Wednesday

14 miles easy

Thursday

13 miles easy prep for tomorrows marathon pace workout

Friday

Warm humid and windy.

Decided to run 2 10 milers at an easy pace basically pushing the 10 mile back two weeks.

I don't like doing this but I can't run in the early morning anymore so this is what I have to deal with.

Saturday

8 20 second hills felt ok.

16 miles total

Sunday

rest and recovery (from what?)
12 miles

106 for the week. Definitely not what I am looking for. The weather is changing.

8 weeks out so a lot of time. The work I am doing now is just off what I need to be hitting. I have only missed one important workout so things could be worse. This is a big week for my mellon. Need to get that in the right frame of MIND.

No comments: