Monday, August 10, 2009

Pressing on

Monday

14 miles easy. Looking to get back into longer workouts this week.

Tuesday

18 miles with a mp ladder

4 miles
2 miles
1 miles

I was a bit tired here. Not sure why. I am getting about 4-5 hours a sleep and that may be the main reason. The 4 miles segment went fine. All things considered a solid workout.

Wednesday

13 miles r and r.

Thursday

14 miles
r and r

Friday am

It was cool windy and started to rain 3 miles into my biggest workout yet.

18 miles at sub 6 minute pace.

I ran the same route I had last winter prior to fargo.

First mile was 5:42 but I was able to slow up a bit and come back with solid miles under 6 until mile 17. Up a decent hill and against the wind. I was a bit low fuel wise so I was struggling with that.

Mile 18 was 53 so that was a good way to end the workout. Overall very similar to this winter except the conditions that day were 35 degrees no wind.

Saturday

two runs very easy 14/4 miles.

Sunday

11 miles easy with a very bad ankle twist. Feels ok now but it really hurt. I am running on a horse trail next to the douglas trail for my easy days. Mainly because it is packed dirt and mostly flat.

110 miles for the week. I am going to attempt to keep my mileage there for the two weeks leading up to the 5 week block.

Our team was non existant yesterday. I am sure metz is pissed. I had to work and we are so thin that the fun hammered us. City of lakes however should be interesting. We have to have all of our ducks in a row.

No comments: