Monday, August 31, 2009

two more weeks closer

A touch behind I will attempt to get through this without being interrupted.

Monday Aug 17

Race week. Two runs today pretty humid
18 miles a 12/6

Tuesday

10 miles feeling a bit tired.

Wednesday in a rain storm. I can't ever remember running in something this bad as far as rain. The workout was 3 x 2 miles at sub 10:20. I didn't even come close but felt fairly snappy considering the conditions. 10:37/10:31/10:38 with 3 minutes rest. 16 total miles for the day.

Thursday

rest and relaxation

12 miles

Friday

8 miles prerace. Feeling somewhat confident that I can A follow my race plan and B win this race again. Lost in 05 actually getting third.

Saturday

My goal was 5:20s through 10 and then pick it up if I was feeling decent.
The weather was great. Mike Torchia led through the mile in what was a sign for the rest of the day. He was 5:05 and we were low 5:20's. That is uphill when I mean uphill I mean 1500 meters of gradual climbing. Needless to say he was rocking. He won breaking my course record by 6 seconds. That was on a much easier course. Come to find out he had or developed a fracture in his hip that will keep him from running this fall. He said his hip was bothering him right after the race. I got beat in the last 400 meters by Ben Marvin. I crossed in 1:10:31. 31 seconds from what I thought I could run on the day. I ran the first 3 miles just like I had hoped to run the last three...HARD.

Sunday

8 miles easy for a total of 94. A down week mileage wise but the next 5 will be rough. The intensity, duration, and mileage will all increase. I am looking forward to this. IT is the time where I truely believe the real work is done.

No comments: