Tuesday, August 4, 2009

molding like clay?

Sunday

13 miles easy with a pretty good wind

Monday July 27

14 miles easy again. Still coming down from the race.

Tuesday July 28

10 x 1 minute at marathon pace.

Pretty relaxing effort. Legs came around nicely

Wednesday

13 rest and recovery

Thursday

5 x 2:30 uphill runs

Effort was ok. Was looking for a better effort.

Friday

22 miles at a relaxed pace 6:30. I ran some serious uphills on this run attempting to bank some strength. I sort of doubled back on this run from thursdays effort so I was happy with how my legs recovered less than 14 hours later. 36 miles in 14 hours. Ice bath as well after the run. Need to do this weekly from here on out.

Saturday

12 miles recovery almost all on dirt.

Sunday

14 miles with 10 x short hills at a very good effort. One sign things are moving the right direction for me is recovery. I learned a bunch about how important the easy days are leading to my pr at chicago in 06.

105 for the week. 3 weeks until the big 5 week push. Looking for 110 next week and two larger workouts.

No comments: